We’re now one week away from the release of Red Litten World, so I figured it’d be fun to share a playlist of songs that inspired me during the writing of the book. If you’re a longtime reader you’ll know I have done this before with the other books in The Bell Forging Cycle. Personally, I always find it fun to see what music influences a writer. So I enjoy sharing these with everyone. You can listen to Red Litten Tracks using the embedded Spotify player, or visiting any of the links below.
Aaaand… here’s the playlist. As with previous playlists, you can click on any of the names below to read about the band on Wikipedia. If you want to listen to the song, the song title links to videos on YouTube.
- Man Man — Loot My Body
- Sleater-Kinney — No Cities To Love
- Echo & the Bunnymen — The Killing Moon
- Pixies — Silver
- Louis Armstrong — West End Blues
- Dark Dark Dark — Daydreaming
- Iggy and the Stooges — Gimme Danger
- Coleman Hawkins — Body and Soul
- Wintersleep — Oblivion
- Wolfmother — New Moon Rising
- The Temper Trap — Soldier On
- Crooked Still — Ain’t No Grave
- Jack White — That Black Bat Licorice
- Soko — We Might Be Dead By Tomorrow
- Bang Camaro — Out On The Streets
- The Cramps — What’s Behind the Mask
- Marvin Gaye — Inner City Blues
- Dave Brubeck — Unsquare Dance
- The National — This is the Last Time
- Phantogram — Black Out Days
- Polk Miller — Old Time Religion
- Jace Everett — No Place To Hide
- Run the Jewels — Blockbuster Night Part 1 (Explicit)
- Kaiser Chiefs — I Predict A Riot
- Marty Robbins — Big Iron
- Snooks Eaglin — Saint James Infirmary
- Interpol — Evil
- The Bastard Fairies — The Earth Died Screaming
(Note: This was a cover of a Tom Waits song by the same name. However, The Bastard Fairies don’t have a video for this cover. So instead I’ve linked to the original song.)
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club — Rival
- Four Tops — Simple Game
- Death from Above 1979 — Black History Month
- Agnes Obel — Pass Them By
- Ben Nichols — The Last Pale Light In The West Lyrics
Did you enjoy this playlist? Check out the playlists that inspired the previous two books in The Bell Forging Cycle:
The playlist for my first book The Stars Were Right, starting off with a smooth jam from Marion Black and mixing in an eclectic mix of jams from Johnny Cash, Scorpions, Andrew Bird, and more.
You’ll feel the dust on your skin and the hard pan beneath your boots in this playlist for Old Broken Road. Featuring tracks from folks like Future Island, BRMC, Woodkid, and Louis Armstrong.
So there you go! The latest playlist for my soon-to-be-released novel, Red Litten World. I’d love to hear what you think, feel free to leave me a comment or shoot me an email with your thoughts.
Remember, you can still preorder Red Litten World on eBook for Amazon Kindle, Apple iBooks, and Kobo devices. Pre-order copies will arrive on your reader on launch day. There’s also still five days left to enter for a chance to win a free signed trade paperback of Red Litten World during the Red Litten World Giveaway. Super easy to enter, winner will be selected this Friday!