I’ve had an eventful weekend: I produced a lot, if you follow me on twitter you’d have seen as of last night I had put down over 6000 words. That actually ended up being closer to 7000 putting me around 42k words and smack dab in the middle of Old Broken Road. It’s a dark and scary place and I can’t wait for you to be here as well.
But wait, that’s not all…
I also got my edited manuscript for The Stars Were Right back from my editor Victoria Shockley! Yay! So this morning I was able to dive right in and start implementing her changes! I am loving what I have seen so far. She did an incredible job and for once I’m able to read my work and have it come across as an actual finished piece and not another one of my messy manuscripts. Also I am seeing mistakes I commonly make, mistakes I can easily fix. (This is a learning process after all.) I said it before but I’ll say it again, if you’re looking for an editor. Reach out to her. She’s great.
So, with the editing done that means the real work begins. I am going to continue submitting it to agents and see if I can get a publisher interested. Meanwhile as that happens I am going to be prepping it for sale via Kindle, iTunes, and of course here. There’s still a lot of work to do, but i am thinking a summer release might be imminent. The key is quality. I want the final product to feel less like a self-published ebook and more like it came from a publisher. I plan on doing proper typesetting, real layout, getting an ISBN, and finish an awesome book cover. It’s a long process but it’s slowly starting to come together.
Expect a lot more posts about the trials and tribulations of all that sort of stuff as well as announcements as I get closer and closer to release! It’s been a busy weekend but now it’s time to roll up my sleeves and start the hard part.